Malunggay leaves (as much as you want)
Banana (2 medium sized)
Calamansi (8-10 fruits)
Honey or Sugar (as much as you want)
Ice (4-5 cubes)
1. Peel and chill bananas
2. Juice all calamansi
3. Blend the sliced chilled bananas and malunggay leaves. When done, add calamansi juice and honey/sugar, then blend some more
4. Add ice cubes then blend until ice cubes are thoroughly crushed.
All done! Easy, delicious and healthy! No reason not to try 😉
Special thanks to Kiara for the tip! ❤ The baby loved it! (Finished a whole glass the first time he tasted it)
A handful of Camote tops (o para mas madali at wala nang sukat sukat, isang tali ng talbos ng kamote galing sa palengke ^__^)
About 2 glasses of water
5-8 Calamansi fruit
1. Boil Camote tops in water
2. Pour and strain boiled water in a glass
3. Juice all the Calamansi
4. Mix camote tops water and Calamansi juice together (Watch the color change from dark, almost black liquid to a beautiful maroon/wine red color. It almost feels like a Science experiment! Super fun!)
5. Add honey or sugar to sweeten according to desired taste (Tip: Less sugar for babies and kids. Warning: No honey for babies below 1 year old)
6. Stir, add ice, then serve! (Makes about 2 glasses)
It’s amazingly easy to prepare and it’s loaded with vitamins. Your kids will surely love the tangy flavor and the bright color! I know my boy does.
What alternative ingredients can you think of for a healthy concontion? Share please! 🙂
Don’t forget to have fun today! ^__^
So recently I’ve been having a hard time trying to adjust to my new schedule as a work at home mom. There are days when I feel super exhausted.
When I feel down, I’d always crave for chocolate candy or drink. But we all know how unhealthy and fattening those are. (Pero masarap eh!).
I wanted to try to change my go-to stress food/drink. So here’s my first candidate – Infused coconut water.
It’s refreshing, a little sweet, a little citrusy, cool, and healthy! All the good stuff to give you a boost on an especially tiring day. =)
What You’ll Need:
-Coconut water (Sabaw ng buko!) – I didn’t have fresh options as of the moment so I used the one from Tropicana
-Few slices of lemon – Tip: Use the sliced lemons sold at grocery stores (these are the old stocks) since they come in really really cheap prices. We all know lemons are expensive in the Philippines.
-Few slices of cucumber
Optional: Peppermint leaves (1-2)
How To Do It:
Just mix everything together in a glass container, chill, then enjoy! =)
Do you have other healthy beverage recipes? What’s your healthy comfort food/drink? Share them below! ^__^